Turbo by Garrett… Spooling Past the Competition.G Series Turbos
For a while now, fundamental turbo design has been pretty stagnant. To get more power you need a larger turbo, which in turn creates unwanted turbo lag. A larger turbo means larger piping is required… So on and so forth. Well… Turbo By Garret has dropped a BRAND new turbo design where less is more. Allow me to introduce you to the Garrett New G Series!
The information from Honeywell Garrett states the following:
“The new Honeywell Garrett G Series turbocharges feature the latest innovations in turbocharger technology. This clean sheet product has many advanced features tailored to meet the demands of the hard core competitors making it the most powerful small frame turbocharger on the market.”
- New G Series compressor wheel aerodynamics
- Fully machines speed sensor and pressure ports
- Standard and reverse rotation configurations available
- Oil restrictor and water fittings included
- One piece center housing and backplate
- 4 water jacket ports for customizable installation
- New turbine wheel aero constructed of Mar-M alloy rated up to 1050 C
- Stainless steel wastegated and non wastegated turbine housing options for temperatures up to 1050 C
- Wastegated turbine housings do not include actuator assembly kit
Honeywell Garrett states that the new G Series turbo will be available in two options: the G25-550 and the G25-660. They will be available for purchase starting in January 2018. We are eagerly waiting to see what this little snail can do!