A World Wonder in our own Backyard
- January 17, 2014
- Announcements, Articles, Show Coverage
- Posted by Nicole Ellan James
- Leave your thoughts
A World Wonder in our own Backyard
By Nicole James
January 12th kicked off the 43rd Barrett-Jackson event in Scottsdale. Each year Barrett-Jackson welcomes various bidders, consignors, VIPs and celebrities to the world’s greatest collector car auctions. This year the auction is being seen on FOX (Broadcast, Business Network, Sports 1& 2) and the National Geographic Channel.
“This opening gala sets the tone for the week and last night was tremendous. This year’s auction attendees lived it up last night and now we shift to the real excitement, the cars and the auction,” said Craig Jackson, Chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson told the press. “Our all-new facility at Westworld is the realization of a dream and a conversation that traces back twenty-five years. Barrett-Jackson looks forward to a long future in our new Scottsdale home.”
Barrett-Jackson was established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ. As the world’s leading collector car auctions and automotive lifestyle events, Barrett-Jackson specializes in providing products and services to astute classic and collector car owners and automotive enthusiasts around the world. Other Barrett-Jackson events take place in Palm Beach,Reno Tahoe, and Las Vegas where hundreds of the world’s most sought-after, unique and valuable automobiles cross the block in front of a global audience.
This year fans will have the chance to see celebrities and vehicles affiliated with Film “2 Fast 2 Furious” featuring the late Paul Walker, as well as Steven Tyler, Gene Simmons, the Late Michael Jackson, Kobe Bryant, Michael Schumacher, the Late James Gandolfini, Chad Kroeger and other vehicles from the film “Driving Miss Daisy”
Some of the highlights this year include:
Lot #1319.2 2008 BUGATTI VEYRON 2 DOOR COUPE – currently owned by Simon Cowell. In 2008 this was the fastest street legal vehicle in America.
• Lot #494 2001 MITSUBISHI EVO CUSTOM 4 DOOR – from “2 Fast 2 Furious” featuring the late Paul Walker. This is the actual car used for close up shots and one of the most recognizable cars on the planet.
• Lot #3006 1956 FORD F-100 CUSTOM SHELBY TRUCK – endorsed by Gene Simmons. Contains a Ford Racing supercharged 5.4 liter Shelby engine.
• Lot #5074 1986 FERRARI TESTAROSSA STRAMAN CONVERTIBLE – driven by the late Michael Jackson. This vehicle was driven by Michael in the Pepsi Commercial called “The Chopper.”
• Lot #1003 1963 CHEVROLET IMPALA CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE – previously owned by Kobe Bryant. Custom created by West Coast Customs and featured in Lowrider Magazine.
• Lot #5002 1972 OLDSMOBILE 442 CONVERTIBLE – previously owned by the late James Gandolfini of The Sopranos. A very rare special edition vehicle with a 350 Rocket engine.
• Lot #1279 1969 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 429 FASTBACK – owned by Chad Kroeger, the Grammy-nominated lead singer of Nickelback. A hand built car with an 820-S NASCAR engine.
• Lot #1049 1949 HUDSON COMMODORE 8 4 DOOR SEDAN – from “Driving Miss Daisy.” This is the actual car used in the 1990 award-winning movie.
• Lot #5023 1950 MERCURY CUSTOM – owned and built by actor Matthew Fox. Has won World’s Most Beautiful Custom with more than $400,000 invested and hundreds of documented hours of skilled labor.
• Lot # 5033 2006 MARINE TECHNOLOGY INC 39RP BOAT – “MOJO” is the authentic Miami Vice movie boat used by Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx in the movie Miami Vice. After filming, this boat was sent to Visual Imaginations for a paint job. MOJO is one-of-a-kind. Lots 5033, 5033.1 and 5033.2 sold as a package.
• Lot #5033.1 2003 HUMMER H2 CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE – This one-of-a-kind Hummer comes with all the extras. Custom paint, 20″ wheels and tires, DVD player, tow package, bikini top, step bars, brush guard and much more. The Hummer matches the MOJO Boat. Lots 5033, 5033.1 and 5033.2 sold as a package.
• Lot #5033.2 2007 AMERICAN TILT TRAILER – American Tilt trailer to be sold with the “MOJO” boat from the Miami Vice movie starring Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx with a matching customized H2 Hummer convertible with Miami Vice theme. Lots 5033, 5033.1 and 5033.2 sold as a package.
For a list of Fridays cars: Click here
For a list of Saturdays cars: Click here
For a list of Sundays cars: Click here
For ticket pricing: Click here